Software Engineer (m/f)
For our office in Groningen in the Netherlands
Internal reference number 17025
As a software engineer you are responsible for engineering, programming, testing, and commissioning of DCS/PLC/SCADA software based on the client’s specifications and requirements. You understand the requirements of our clients and can transfer them into engineering specifications and you can develop test and programming methods. You enjoy working in a dynamic organization and can act flexibly within BGx as well as towards our clients. You are willing to travel to projects across Europe for longer periods. You demonstrate good judgment; you know how to prioritze and enjoy manage challenges.
Other tasks and responsibilities for you are to:
- work in a project team with other software and hardware engineers;
- support the tender process and give manhour estimates;
- learn and understand the client production process;
- organize the work yourself and work be independently.
- B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering or equivelant
- >5 years of work experience within software engineering
- Software knowledge in Siemens PCS 7, Rockwell Allen Bradley ControlLogix/ GuardLogix, WinCC Flex, WinCC OA (pré), Yokogawa CS VP(pré), Yokogawa Prosafe RS(pré)
- Worked in the Oil & Gas process automation industry (>5 years)
- Good verbal and writing skills in English and Dutch. Preferrably also in German (optional)
- Excellent communication skills